Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Michaela's Letter




Family Letter

Hello my name is Michaela H. and after my A-Level in Germany, I spent a Au Pair year from September 2007 until September 2008 in the Betts Lacroix family. This was my best year in my current life. The kids are really sweet and lovely. As an au pair you have a lot of opportunities to do with them, e.g. do handicrafts, go to the playground, library, museum, cinema and a lot more. In this family it was never boring, they are in a lot of different and interesting communities, to which you can go with the kids or the whole family. You have to be open minded and like to have people around you. Lisa and Joe are always willing to help you and do everything that you have a great time. Next to the childcare you should try to organize the house a little bit, help cleaning and cook for the kids. Sometimes it´s a little bit different to find food that both of them like, but I guess that´s normal for children.

The Family is very open minded and I learned a lot about childcare and healthy food. They are not really a typical American family, but for me it was the perfect. They are including you in every family activity and treat you like a real part of the family. I could always invite friends over to their place and had a lot of freedom. It´s important that you are not too shy to say what you think and respect everybody as they respect you. I was really lucky and traveled a lot with them; I met wonderful people over them and had so much fun.

At the beginning I was a little bit curios about they are homeschooling, but I learned that it is not like the most people think. They are not sitting alone at home and study by their self. The kids are going to different classes or met at home with a lot of other children and learn all together. I think it´s perfect for Kai and Soleil it´s a really nice learning atmosphere. This family is very childcare and learning orientated and you can learn a lot too.

I really love this family and can´t tell anything bad about them. We are still in contact and they are like my 2nd family now. I am trying to go there ones a year, because I miss them a lot.

If you have any further questions, please don´t hesitate to ask me. If you want we can talk more about my experience with this wonderful family.

Warm Wishes

Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment